In our area and looking for something FUN, EXCITING and DIFFERENT to do? Check out the world’s longest sand sculpture trail… right here in Yarmouth! Download the 2015 Sand Sculpture Map and hit the town to find each one. While you’re at it, play along in our social media contest! See details and rules below.
STAND BACK! Don’t get too close – Photos taken “inside the rope” or touching the sand sculptures will be disqualified from the contest, and frowned upon in general.
CAPTURE: Take the photo with your camera phone or tablet. (You can also use a camera and upload from your PC or Mac).
SHARE, TAG, CHECK-IN: Share your photos on Instagram, or any social media site that uses hashtags and location, page or account tagging (e.g. Facebook, Twitter). For a photo to qualify in the 2015 contest, you are required to do the following:
Check-in at the business location OR Tag/Mention them in your post on social (e.g. @YarmouthSummerCelebration). This requirement is new, and our goal is to help get the word out about the businesses who support the event AND make it easy for everyone participating to find the locations.
Include #YarmouthSummerCelebration #SandSculptures #CapeCod in your photo captions. “Extra Credit” will be given to photos that hashtag #YarmouthCapeCod, #GregGrady and the sculpture’s business sponsor. (e.g. #CapeCodIrishVillage #YarmouthResort etc.)
SEND: Send us an email to the following address: [email protected]
- SUBJECT: “Yarmouth Sand Sculptures 2015”
- INCLUDE: Your Name, Phone Number & Address AND links to the photos you would like to enter.
- AGREE: By sending this email, you agree to allow the Yarmouth Summer Celebration committee to use your photos in print and online. Credit will be given to the name included in the email.
FOLLOW: Follow us on Instagram @YarmouthSummerCelebration
http://instagram.com/yarmouthsummercelebration. If you don’t have Instagram, a follow @YarmouthEvents on Twitter or Facebook.com/YarmouthSummerCelebration will qualify.
WINNING: Anyone who follows the above rules will be entered to win prizes for gift certificates to local establishments to be awarded in the following categories:
- Best Collection – Anyone who captures photos of all 42 and follows the rules above will qualify for this category.
- Most Artistic – We’ve had some very creative photos submitted in the past, so let’s see more!
- Best Individual Photo – Quality counts, if you can only visit one or two sand sculptures, make your photo the best it can be.
- Signature Photo 2015 – A prize will be awarded to the person who takes the one photo that could be used in marketing the 2015 Yarmouth Summer Celebration. This photo should be submitted as a high resolution (300 dpi) image suitable for print and web use.