Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Photo Contest Rules 2018
The sand sculptures are back in Yarmouth again this year, with a total of 33 sand sculptures located around town, beginning on Memorial Day weekend. This event is possible thanks to the generous support of the Town of Yarmouth that funds the sand sculptures, and local businesses that commission the sand sculpture artists. This year’s sand sculptures are being created by Fitzysnowman Studios.
The Yarmouth Chamber of Commerce is now organizing the highly popular Sand Sculpture Trail and Photo Contest, and we look forward to great submissions to the contest in 2018!
How to Get More Information
- Download the Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Map for 2018
- Visit the Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Photo Contest Facebook page: Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Photo Contest 2018 and Instagram @sandsculpturephotocontest.
How to Enter the Contest
Prizes of gift certificates to local businesses (TBD) will be awarded for photos in three categories: Best Collection, Most Artistic, & Signature Photo.
Best Collection: Anyone who captures all 33 sand sculptures and follows all of the contest rules will qualify in this category.
Most Artistic: Use your imagination and creativity and come up with a really unique photo to qualify for this category.
Signature Photo 2018: You might only have time to visit a few sand sculptures. However, you can still win in this category with a high quality, creative photo that’s so good we might use it in our marketing for the photo contest for 2019!
Follow these contest guidelines to qualify:
- STAND BACK! Don’t get too close to, or touch the sand sculptures when you take your photos. Photos taken ‘inside the roped off area’ or touching the sand sculptures will be disqualified.
- VISIT the Contest Facebook Page: You can find the contest Facebook page by typing in Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Photo Contest in the search bar on Facebook.
- LIKE and SHARE the Page: Share the fun of the Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Photo Contest by clicking LIKE on the page, and sharing the page with your family and friends.
How to submit your entry:
CLICK the SEND EMAIL Button to Submit Your Entry: The blue SEND EMAIL button is located on the top right of the page. Click the button, and submit your entry by email.
What information we need in your email for your entry to be complete:
- Your first and last name.
- Where you’re from (your hometown or country if you’re not from the U.S.)
- Where you were when you took the photo (include map # from the sign posted near each sand sculpture).
- Category of each photo (Best Collection, Most Artistic, Signature Photo).
- The date you took the photo.
- Attach your photo! Remember to attach your photo to the email using the paper clip symbol at the top of the email toolbar. Note: Your photo should be submitted as high-resolution (300 dpi) image suitable for print and web use.
The entry deadline is Sunday, September 3rd by 6:00 PM. No entries will be accepted after that time.
Check back to the contest Facebook page within a week after you submit your entry to see your photo posted on our page. Next, share the post of your entry with friends and family!
We’ll also be judging photos on the number of LIKES and SHARES each receives so spread the word that you’ve entered the contest!