The sand sculptures are back in Yarmouth again this year, with 32 sand sculptures located all around town, beginning Memorial Day weekend (all sand sculptures will be completed by mid June). Construction of the sand sculptures will start on May 14, 2021. Please note this is a driving tour, not a walking tour.
This event is possible thanks to the generous support of the Town of Yarmouth that funds the sand sculptures, and local businesses that commission the sand sculpture artists. This year’s sand sculptures are again being created by Fitzysnowman Studios.
The Yarmouth Chamber of Commerce is again organizing the highly popular Sand Sculpture Trail and Photo Contest, and we look forward to great submissions to the contest in 2021!
How to Get More Information
- Download the Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Map for 2021 (printed maps are available at our Visitor Center located at 424 Route 28 in West Yarmouth).
- Visit the Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Photo Contest Facebook page: Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Photo Contest.
How to Enter the Contest
There will be one photo contest entry accepted per person. This can include up to three (3) photos in up to three (3) categories, one photo for each category. However, you must send your entry in one email, with all photo entries submitted together.
Prizes of gift certificates to local businesses (TBD) will be awarded for photos in three NEW categories: Most Creative Photo, Sand Sculpture Selfie, and Best Location Photo.
Most Creative: Use your imagination and creativity and come up with a really unique photo to qualify for this category.
Sand Sculpture Selfie: Take a selfie alone, or with your friends, family or loved ones showing how much fun you’re having on the Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail!
Best Location Photo: Take a great photo of the sand sculpture at any location, and be sure to include the business that’s sponsoring the sand sculpture in the photo.
Follow these contest guidelines to qualify:
- STAND BACK! Don’t get too close to, or touch the sand sculptures when you take your photos. Photos taken ‘inside the roped off area’ or touching the sand sculptures will be disqualified.
- VISIT the Contest Facebook Page: You can find the contest Facebook page by typing in Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Photo Contest in the search bar on Facebook.
- LIKE and SHARE the Page: Share the fun of the Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Photo Contest by clicking LIKE on the page, and sharing the page with your family and friends.
How to submit your entry:
CLICK the SEND EMAIL Button to Submit Your Entry: The blue SEND EMAIL button is located on the top right of the page (see image below). Click the button, and submit your entry by email.
What information we need in your email for your entry to be complete:
- Your first and last name.
- Where you’re from (your hometown or country if you’re not from the U.S.)
- Where you were when you took the photo (include the name of the business where the sand sculpture is located).
- Category of each photo (Most Creative Photo, Sand Sculpture Selfie, or Best Location Photo).
- The date you took the photo.
- Attach your photo! Remember to attach your photo to the email using the paper clip symbol at the top of the email toolbar. Note: Your photo should be submitted as high-resolution (300 dpi) image suitable for print and web use.
The entry deadline is Monday, September 6, 2021 by 6:00 PM. No entries will be accepted after that time.
Check back to see your entry and share it with friends and family:
Check back to the contest Facebook page within a week after you submit your entry to see your photo posted on our page. Next, share the post of your entry with friends and family! Please note: Not all of your photo contest submissions will be put on social media.
We’ll also be judging photos on the number of LIKES and SHARES each receives so spread the word that you’ve entered the contest!
The Yarmouth Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to exclude any photo entry from publication on the contest Facebook page if it does not follow the contest guidelines, or is not deemed appropriate for viewing by children, families and the general public.
The Chamber also reserves the right to use any photo submitted to the contest for promotional purposes, including but not limited to posting on the Chamber’s contest websites, on social media, and in public relations about the event.
Winners will be notified by email on Friday, September 10, 2021 by noon. At that time, we’ll let you know how to claim your prize.
Winning photos and prizes in each category will also be posted on the contest webpage and Facebook page on Friday, September 10, 2021 by noon.
Thanks to Our Sponsors!
Please show these businesses how much you appreciate their sponsorship of the sand sculptures by visiting them soon!
- Aiden by Best Western – COMPLETED
- Bass River Dental – COMPLETED
- Bass River Golf Course – COMPLETED
- Bellew Tile and Marble – COMPLETED
- Candy Co. – COMPLETED
- Cape Abilities Thrift Shop – COMPLETED (sponsored by Cape Cod & Islands Association of REALTORS®)
- Cape Cod Creamery – COMPLETED
- Cape Cod Five – COMPLETED
- Cape Cod Irish Village – COMPLETED
- Captain Parker’s Pub – COMPLETED (sponsored by Rotary Club of Yarmouth)
- Dunkin’ Donuts – Route 28 – COMPLETED
- Dunkin’ Donuts – Station Avenue – COMPLETED
- Hearth ‘n Kettle – COMPLETED (sponsored by Rotary Club of Yarmouth)
- Instant Karma – COMPLETED
- John G. Sears Landscaping – COMPLETED
- Just Picked Gifts – COMPLETED
- Kinlin Grover Real Estate – COMPLETED
- Ocean Club on Smuggler’s – COMPLETED
- Rope’s End Restaurant – COMPLETED
- Route 28 Visitor Center – COMPLETED
- Route 6 Visitor Center – COMPLETED
- Salty’s – COMPLETED
- Seafood Sam’s – COMPLETED
- Seaside Cottages – COMPLETED
- Strawberry Lane in Yarmouth Port – COMPLETED
- Taylor Bray Farm – COMPLETED
- The Cooperative Bank of Cape Cod – COMPLETED
- The Cove at Yarmouth – COMPLETED
- The Pancake Man – COMPLETED
- Today Real Estate – COMPLETED
- Yarmouth Town Hall – COMPLETED
- Y-D Red Sox (Wilson Field) – COMPLETED
This project is partially funded by the Town of Yarmouth’s Tourism Revenue Preservation Fund.