The sand sculptures are back in Yarmouth again this year, with a total of 17 sand sculptures located around town, beginning in June. This event is possible thanks to the generous support of the Town of Yarmouth that funds the sand sculptures, and local businesses that commission the sand sculpture artists. This year’s sand sculptures are again being created by Fitzysnowman Studios.
The Yarmouth Chamber of Commerce is again organizing the highly popular Sand Sculpture Trail and Photo Contest, and we look forward to great submissions to the contest in 2020!
How to Get More Information
- Download the Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Map for 2020.
- Visit the Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Photo Contest Facebook page: Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Photo Contest 2020.
How to Enter the Contest
There will be one photo contest entry accepted per person. This can include up to three (3) photos in up to three (3) categories, one photo for each category. However, you must send your entry in one email, with all photo entries submitted together.
Prizes of gift certificates to local businesses (TBD) will be awarded for photos in three NEW categories: Most Creative Photo, Sand Sculpture Selfie, and Best Location Photo.
Most Creative: Use your imagination and creativity and come up with a really unique photo to qualify for this category.
Sand Sculpture Selfie: Take a selfie alone, or with your friends, family or loved ones showing how much fun you’re having on the Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail!
Best Location Photo: Take a great photo of the sand sculpture at any location, and be sure to include the business that’s sponsoring the sand sculpture in the photo.
Follow these contest guidelines to qualify:
- STAND BACK! Don’t get too close to, or touch the sand sculptures when you take your photos. Photos taken ‘inside the roped off area’ or touching the sand sculptures will be disqualified.
- VISIT the Contest Facebook Page: You can find the contest Facebook page by typing in Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Photo Contest 2020 in the search bar on Facebook.
- LIKE and SHARE the Page: Share the fun of the Yarmouth Sand Sculpture Trail Photo Contest by clicking LIKE on the page, and sharing the page with your family and friends.
How to submit your entry:
CLICK the SEND EMAIL Button to Submit Your Entry: The blue SEND EMAIL button is located on the top right of the page (see image below). Click the button, and submit your entry by email.
What information we need in your email for your entry to be complete:
- Your first and last name.
- Where you’re from (your hometown or country if you’re not from the U.S.)
- Where you were when you took the photo (include the name of the business where the sand sculpture is located).
- Category of each photo (Most Creative Photo, Sand Sculpture Selfie, or Best Location Photo).
- The date you took the photo.
- Attach your photo! Remember to attach your photo to the email using the paper clip symbol at the top of the email toolbar. Note: Your photo should be submitted as high-resolution (300 dpi) image suitable for print and web use.
The entry deadline is Monday, September 7th by 6:00 PM. No entries will be accepted after that time.
Check back to the contest Facebook page within a week after you submit your entry to see your photo posted on our page. Next, share the post of your entry with friends and family!
We’ll also be judging photos on the number of LIKES and SHARES each receives so spread the word that you’ve entered the contest!
The Yarmouth Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to exclude any photo entry from publication on the contest Facebook page if it does not follow the contest guidelines, or is not deemed appropriate for viewing by children, families and the general public.
The Chamber also reserves the right to use any photo submitted to the contest for promotional purposes, including but not limited to posting on the Chamber’s contest websites, on social media, and in public relations about the event.
Winners will be notified by email on Friday, September 11th, 2020 by noon. At that time, we’ll let you know how to claim your prize.
Winning photos and prizes in each category will also be posted on the contest web page, Facebook and Instagram pages on Friday, September 11th, 2020 by noon.
Thanks to Our Sponsors!
Please show these businesses how much you appreciate their sponsorship of the sand sculptures by visiting them soon!
- Aiden By Best Western
- Bass River Golf Course
- Candy Co.
- Dunkin Donunts
- Hearth ‘N Kettle
- John G. Sears & Son, Inc
- Just Picked Gifts
- Kinlin Grover
- Route 28 Visitor Center
- Seafood Sam’s
- Strawberry Lane in Yarmouth Port
- Taylor Bray Farm
- The Cove Resort
- Today Real Estate
- Wendy’s – Completed
- Yarmouth Town Hall
This project is partially funded by the Town of Yarmouth’s Tourism Revenue Preservation Fund.